Water purifiers have become an essential home appliance because of rising pollution and unsuitable drinking water. Especially in cities, where water is always polluted and there is no access to groundwater or freshwater from water bodies. Thus, water purifier is no longer a luxury but a necessity for every home. But buying one is not necessarily an easy task. You might end up buying the wrong one if you do not put your research into it. One must go for complete research before he/she go to rent or buy water purifier. Buy the best water purifier for your home using the following guide.
Types of Impurities Present in Water
Bacteria, nitrate, pesticides, and lead are harmful to your health, maybe even lethal in the long term. If the salt and microbe content is very high, then it is advisable to shop for a UV + RO water purifier. The UV destroys bacteria and viruses’ ability to multiply. At the same time, the RO membrane removes these dead germs, purifies the water, and makes it fit for human consumption. The best water purifiers in India conquer all these kinds of impurities to provide the best drinkable water.
What is your Water Source?
You need to evaluate the water that you get supplied to your home to see what kind of purifier you require. The standard of water differs from one area to another. Some water is loaded with sediments while the next one has invisible germs and viruses in it which may affect your health. Usually, the physical appearance of water will indicate if there are any sediments within the water. The odor and taste of water can even illustrate the presence of dissolved impurities. If the water leaves behind white patches when kept in a steel utensil, this signifies the presence of hardness (Calcium & Magnesium) in it.
In such cases, combination technology water purifiers are the most suitable option for you. RO purifier contains a semi-permeable membrane that contains a pore size of 0.0005 microns. These pores remove the tiniest of dissolved salts, metals, and impurities. You’ll be able to also get your water tested to determine if there are any impurities present within the water. Some heavy metals like lead, mercury, and arsenic present within the water can cause a pathological problem. Once you recognize the standard of water that gets supplied to your home, choosing the water purifier is a simple task.
TDS control stands for purification technique which controls the ultimate TDS and thus the taste of the water. According to W.H.O, the permissible limit of TDS in potable water should be between 50-120 PPM and pH should be above 7.4. If you’re getting water from the Municipal Corporation, it should be under 120 TDS and you’ll be able to also choose another Purifier system and not necessarily RO purifier. If you get water from bore systems, you must always choose the RO system because bore water has high TDS as it travels from below the surface and heavy metals get dissolved in it.
Types of Water Purifiers- RO, UV, UF?
The best possible way to select amongst many brands of water purifiers is to match their purification technology. The technology utilized in water purification affects the standard of water. Every water purifier has some mechanism to filter the contaminated water. There are particular labels for these specifications:
- RO which stands for Reverse Osmosis treatment. RO uses a semi-permeable membrane to get rid of hardness, metals, ions, molecules, and bigger particles from potable water. The best RO purifier should be able to get rid of all unwanted particles without compromising the taste.
- UV, which stands for Ultraviolet water purifier system uses Ultraviolet rays to kill germs present within the water.
- UF stands for Ultrafiltration. UF uses Hydrostatic pressure against a tissue layer to purify bacteria and viruses from water.
pH Balance Technology is the latest technology in Water Purifiers that balances the pH Levels in Water. It’s really important for you to test a variety of purification stages involved within water purification. You’ll be able to select this product supported by the purification technology that suits your requirement.
Features to Check in a Water Purifier
1. Electricity: The UV and RO water purifiers require electricity. So if you reside in an area where there’s a power cut repeatedly or insufficient electricity supply, you would possibly want to choose an alternate water purifier to cope up with the ability cuts. Alternative one can be a UF filter.
2. Maintenance Cost: Before buying a Water Purifier or RO System, you must analyze and ensure its maintenance cost will suit your budget. Any water purifier needs services regularly at an interval of 3-4 months and needs to interchange filters each year. Maintenance of a decent purifier should be under Rs.2000/- each year however maintenance of the many RO purifier systems varies between Rs.2000/- to 5000/- annually. Livpure Smart has many RO purifier plans to choose from to make it easier on your pockets.
Which Water Purifier To Choose For Home?
After going through the checklist above, assess what kind of water purifier you will need to get clean and suitable drinking water, along with planning a budget and electricity demands. Livpure Smart offers a wide range of water purifiers for home and office to choose from, employing different technologies in each one of them to provide you with superior quality drinking water. You can choose to buy water purifier from RO, UV, and UF technologies and well combination technologies in water purifiers, different models in different budgets to suit your needs.
Livpure’s RO water purifiers not only give you clean and safe drinking water, but also come with many added benefits. Copper water purifiers add the goodness of copper in your water. Mineralizer in the water purifier also adds necessary minerals to your water where they lack it.
Zinger Copper Hot and Bolt water purifier are Livpure’s signature UV water purifiers that are some of the best water purifiers in India that you can buy or rent with Livpure Smart.
For more information on Livpure’s range, maintenance plans and offers, check the plan page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the best water purifier for home use?
There are many good water purifiers in the market. Livpure water purifiers come with the latest purification technology without using any harmful chemicals.
- Which water purifier is best in India?
Livpure Smart water purifiers come with the latest water purification technology, as well as combining technology like UV, UF, and RO to give you the cleanest drinking water possible.
- Which RO water purifier is best?
RO technology is used in water purifiers commonly these days. It is the latest technology in cleaning polluted water. Livpure has many RO water purifier options as well as a combination of RO, UF, and UV water purification systems, which makes it very effective.
- Which water purifier is good for the home?
Home water purifiers should be the ones suited to your water supply. Livpure water purifiers are well suited for any home, small and compact in size, and clean water from any source.
- How do I choose a good water purifier?
To choose a good water purifier for your home, you need to test the source water for pollutants and harmful bacteria. If you are unsure of the pollutants, Livpure water purifiers come with the latest technology to kill all kinds of pollutants and bacteria.
- Which type of RO is best for the home?
Livpure RO water purifiers are compact in size, use no harmful chemicals and retain the natural taste of the drinking water.